Monday, November 28, 2011

T is for Thanks and Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving, the time of year one is thinks about how much they are thankful for in their lives. This year definitely put that into perspective for me. Being in New York this year for Thanksgiving made it a bit harder for me to really enjoy the holiday without being surrounded by family, but thanks to the amazing friends I have met in New York I was able to spend the holiday not alone. A few things I am greatful for:

My family: Without their support and love I was able to take a giant leap into the next chapter of my life, moving here to New York. If it wasn't for my parents and the continued support from my sister (the pro at moving to different states) I would have not found the confidence to do so. All of my family has been huge supporters in this next chapter in my life and I am truly thankful to have them as my family.

My job: It's true, during this economy and time of year having a job is something to be thankful for. I am thankful for my aunt and my boss in helping me get to where I am today. Without their help, belief in me and continued support who know's where I would be. Here's to continued learning and enjoying my job to the fullest.

BDHOF dinner
My friends: I am thankful for the wonderful group of friends I have. Those I still keep in touch with back in California (miss you too Phi Sigs!) as well as the great new group of friends I have made here in New York (Big Deck House of Fun!). Especially thankful for friends taking me in during the holiday and being able to celebrate with everyone during our own Thanksgiving. What a wonderful evening of friends, laughter, a large delicious spread brought by all and a heart felt toast. Here's to many more to come!

1 comment:

  1. Awww... I AM a pro at moving to new states! :) I love you! Thanks for a great visit!

    ReplyDelete