Monday, February 6, 2012

Random Things About Me

Many thanks to my sister giving me something to write about.
1. What is one thing you regret doing/not doing?
One thing I regret doing was moving home right after college. I always thought what if I stayed in San Francisco and continued working while trying to find a "real job" and/or applying for graduate school at SFSU. There is always that feeling of sadness and regret when you leave a "life" behind. But looking back I am glad I took the opportunity to move home, save some money and get a temporary position that led me to the job I have today.

2. Do you have any tattoos? Of what? And where?
I currently don't have any tattoos. My sister and I have talked about getting tattoos together for over a year now and still have yet to follow through. Maybe one day..

3. If you could travel anywhere right now, with an unlimited budget, where would you go?
London/Scotland/Ireland or the Caribbean. I've always wanted to visit the British Isles and will one day get there. Something about the history and heritage I also have there makes me eager to visit. As for the Caribbean, who wouldn't love tropical islands? In June I finally get to go on a cruise with my family to the Bahamas for 5 days and I am super excited!

4. Early bird or night owl?
That's a tough one. Honestly it depends on the day, my life varies from week to week and thus my being out and/or up late. During the work week I try to be as much of an early bird as I can to have a productive day. On the weekends, depending on the plans I can be a mix of both. Either way need some coffee/food before 10am or I am not a happy camper.

5. What is your favorite activity for stress relief?
Funny story, my friend Ilana and I were just talking about stress relievers this morning. Since moving to New York it has been all my social sports league activities (kickball and team trivia). The simple joy of playing kickball like in elementary school years always is a nice stress reliever from a long work week. Trivia on the other hand is at the beginning of the work week also making for a nice break as well. Being able to spend a couple hours a night with friends having fun is always a good stress reliever for me. Finally I have signed up for the gym at work (a great deal compared to other gyms in the city), which will be a great stress reliever as well. I miss running and working out like I used to when I was in college. The convenience of having a gym to go to at work will make this a lot easier to get back into.

6. Childhood hero?
My childhood heroes were always my teachers and once my mother was a teacher she became a more important hero in my life as well. Throughout the years though, my heroes have changed. Now they are my family, friends and colleagues who have made an impact/impression on me with how much they have taught me and encouraged me to pursue my dreams.

7. What is one item from your life bucket list you'd like to get done this year?
One thing I am planning on getting done this year from my life bucket list is to participate in a 5K. The Color Run is the race I am aiming for, to be held in NYC in August. Many of my friends are actively involved in running 5K's and other misc races. With their encouragement I plan to train and prep myself to complete this 5K. Wish me luck!

8. The worst place you've ever been to?
The worst place I have ever been to (that I can remember) was Niskayuna, NY last June for a work training. Despite the landscape being gorgeous with green rolling hills and trees, it was the last place I wanted to be. Not only was I curled up in a hotel room on my birthday while it was pouring outside, there was nothing much to do outside of the training. Not somewhere I would like to be again, especially on my birthday.

9. What is your favorite fruit?
I love kiwi's and strawberries. I am a huge fan of all fruits though.

10. If you could go back to college, what would you major in?
If I could go back to college I would major in BECA (Broadcast and Electronic Communication Arts). With the passion I have for working for NBCUniversal, I feel like BECA would have been an awesome major to pursue. I changed majors 3 times while in college, which I feel is average for most students as they take courses and begin to realize what they truly love. On that note, I would go back and try to pursue my biology/pre-optomotry degree that I had originally had in mind.

11. Dream job?
To be honest, I can not tell you what my dream job would be as it changes everyday. Working with the Environmental, Health and Safety Department has opened my eyes to a different aspect that one wouldn't automatically think of when you hear "I work for NBC". I truly enjoy this work and may pursue further education in this field. Who knows where life will take me.

1 comment: