Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Season of Social Sports

Tis the season to be jolly, fa la la la la la... Just kidding; well really it is. The start of a new season of New York City Social Sports Club leagues are probably the highlight of every season for me. This season I have signed up for kickball again with my good friend Nicki who is playing for the first time. It's nice to be the "experienced" one between the two of us for once. So far I have only played one of two games due to my work trip to California but the first game was such a blast with my new team. Menace 2 Sobriety as we are called are made up mostly of people who know each other through work, mutual friends or from seasons past. There a few of us that are free agents/only know one or two other people on the team, but what a blast this team is. I'm so excited for the rest of this season.

Sadly, trivia wasn't scheduled for the spring season due to venue issues. So Nicki and I with two of our other friends, Janssen and Kevin signed up to play cornhole. What's cornhole you make ask, as I did last summer when playing for the first time. Cornhole is a game in which players take turns throwing bean bags at a raised platform with a hole in the far end. These platforms are usually made with plywood or plastic and are often decorated. A corn bag in the hole scores 3 points, while one on the platform scores 1 point. Play continues until a player reaches the score of 21. There is even an American Cornhole Association as I just found out when I googled cornhole. So every Tuesday we, team "We Prefer to Stick it in the Pie Hole" play cornhole in the upstairs of a bar near Madison Square Garden. Thus far it's been a learning process but also realizing I'm not half bad, we'll see how we do as a team overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment