Saturday, September 14, 2013

Running Update

“The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.” - John Bingham

With some much needed words of encouragement from friends who are running the Rock 'n' Roll New York 10k in Prospect Park, Brooklyn on October 12th. Eeek! I decided to do this run as part of my goal to run a race every month this year. As the date gets closer and closer I am going to do my best with the time I have to run/prepare for this as much as I can. I just started school this week, two nights at week and therefore cuts down the time I have to run. 

Race route
Goal: To complete this run; not for time but just to say I finished. Finished with that sense of accomplishment (and not to mention a shiny medal). When I completed the registration form I put 1 hour 30 minutes as a rough estimate of when I think I would finish based upon previous 5k times. We will see how this goes, wish me luck!

Update: I plan to now do 13 races for 2013 but instead of running #13 I plan to volunteer for a race to give back. Race #10 is the 10k in Prospect park, race #11 will most likely be the race I volunteer for (eyeing either the Brooklyn Marathon or the Festival of Lights 5k/10k in Bay Ridge), and race #12 is the Flushing Meadows 5k the weekend before Thanksgiving. Race #13 is hopefully going to be a race with my sister while I am home for Christmas since I thought it would be awesome to start and end the year by running a race with my sister. We will see how things go!

No comments:

Post a Comment