Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My New Addiction... Team Trivia


The O-Faces: Nicki, Ilana, Me, Ben,
Ann Marie and Kevin

When I first moved back home to Chino, Doug (my sister's boyfriend) invited me to play trivia at a local restaurant and I have been hooked ever since. My sister told me about her great group of friends that she played trivia with in Texas as well, so I thought why not find something here in New York. After having gone to a few miscellaneous trivia nights at random bars/restaurants I wanted something more organized. When I came across NYCSSC (see my first post), I was thrilled to see team trivia as an activity to choose from.

September was the start of my second trivia season with a great new team of friends who asked me to join after meeting them last season. Dubbed the "The O-Faces" by our captain Kevin, we started off the season on a high note with lots of positive energy and confidence.

Celebrating a successful round


Why The O-Faces you ask? It comes from that moment when you are thinking of the answer to a question and all of a sudden you think "ooo I know what this answer is" usually resulting in an "O" face expression that makes everyone suddenly look at you anticipating the results.


Held at a bar near Herald Square, trivia consists of 50 questions divided into 5 rounds, making it for a long and challenging, yet fun night of trivia. Every round usually has a theme making it helpful to those who may be a little stumped. Throw in an audio round and 1 or 2 visual rounds makes it for an interesting time. So almost to the end of my second season of trivia, I hope to make it to the finals.


No comments:

Post a Comment