Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Job vs Passion, Who Wins?

Day 27- My day job verses my passion
This is a question I ask myself everyday; what is my passion? And to be honest, I have no idea. They say most people often change majors/career paths at least two to three times in college. So true, I started as a biology major and ended up in business. After graduation I was truly dead set on finding a job in marketing. Soon realizing that with the economy being in the state that it is in, any "real job" (aka not retail) would be a great stepping stone to something better later on. Taking a temporary position in something nothing to do with what my passion was, Environmental Health and Safety, I have put forth all my dedication and (as much) knowledge as I can to this job; and you know what, I'm really enjoying what I do. Learning something new everyday excites me and I'm always eager to lending a helping hand as to continue learning from those more experienced than me in this field. So my passion is currently business/marketing, but honestly that seems to be changing. Into what you may ask? Well let me get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment