Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

Day 7- A picture of someone/something that has had the biggest impact on you

My friends here in New York have made the biggest impact on me since moving here. Meeting people can be very hard and once I established those connections, I knew I had made friends for life. Without having these group of friends I don't know where I would be today. With recent events that have occurred in my life, I am truly greatful to have great friends to lean on in times of need/saddness/happiness/etc.

I want to thank all my friends for being there for me, for helping me grow everyday, for opening me up to awhole new world of things to explore and for just being my friend. If it wasn't for meeting Ben and Ann Marie the first day of trivia in July 2011, I wouldn't have met the greatest, funniest and smartest group of friends here in New York.
Here's to my friends: Ann Marie, Ben, Tom, Kevin, Janssen, Christie, Nicki, Ilana, Lori, Jacob, Kelly, Beth, Josh, Michelle

"You were the one who made things different, you were the one who took me in. You were the one thing I could count on, above all, you were my friend." - Tom Petty

Day 8- Short term goals for this month and why

Well since it is the last day of February, I will list my short term goals for March:
- Pay off remainder of my credit card
- Successfully complete the most important project I have been working on at work
- Officially sign up for my first 5K

Day 9- Something you’re proud of in the past few days

Something I have been proud of the past few days is going to a California State University (CSU) Alumni event for the tri-state area. I was sent an email a few months back regarding the event and didn't expect much from the event, and so really didn't think about it. I recieved a reminder email about a month ago and decided to register. Arriving Monday night at the University Club I was expecting two things, to not meet many San Francisco State alumni and to also be one of very few recent graduates. My expectations definitely were not true. I was one of many who recently graduated and had come to New York for either graduate school or work. Also, surpisingly I met the SFSU Alumni President as well as at least 15 other SFSU graduates. The event was definitely a success and now I plan to be involved in SFSU alumni events when the occur in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment