Monday, February 27, 2012

My Super Heroes

Day 6- Favorite super hero and why

I feel this can be taken literally (a comic super hero) or a person who acts like a super hero in your life (i.e. family, coworker, etc). I define a super hero as someone in my life (not a celebrity or comic super hero) who I admire for their qualities, work ethic, etc. My favorite hero would be my family. All my family members in one way or another have helped me grow into the woman I am today.
- My sister has been a great example of the courage and strength it takes to "start a new chapter in life" by picking up everything you own and moving to somewhere completely new. After seeing how well she can adjust to a new life, job and friends, I looked to her when I did the same exact thing (moving to San Francisco for college and then to New York City for a job). She is also is very caring and a great example of someone who stays in touch with her passions and pursues them to their fullest extent. These are amazing qualities I admire in my sister and hope to aspire to as well.
- My father has been my hero since I could remember. As a dominant male figure in my life, I always looked up to him with admiration as he was the rock in our family. He has always been determined, hard working and dedicated to his family, friends and work. With such an example in my life, I strive to be as determined as I can be.
- My mother is another hero of mine because she posses such great passion for the work that she does. When I saw her make a career change and obtain her Masters degree later in life, I was so proud of her. She makes me believe that anything is possible as long as you put your mind to it, at any time in life. Her hard work, determination and passion for teaching, I admire her.

1 comment:

  1. This makes me smile a whole lot, sister. I love you and if I never told you, I'm super proud of you up and moving to New York. I love you bunches! <3

    ReplyDelete