Monday, May 14, 2012

Glorious Weekend

Last Friday I was sitting in the office going crazy with trying to schedule more apartments to check out hoping that I would find something by the end of the week since May is almost half way over. After scheduling 6 places to look at in less than 48 hours, I was on my way to my first Yankees game. It was also my first time ever being to the stadium so I was excited to join Ann Marie, Eric and Eddie. It was such a nice night, although beyond exhausted I was able to experience a Yankees win against Seattle. There will be many more baseball games to come in which I hope to be in a much better mood for and will enjoy to the fullest extent.

After a crazy day all over Brooklyn and Astoria, successfully checking out 4 apartments, two of which were way to far/too small for the price, I was finally able to relax and watch the Rangers beat the Washington DC Capitals one last time to advance to the Eastern Conference Finals!! With the LA Kings in the Western Conference Finals, I will be excited to see what two teams make it to the Stanley Cup.

Sunday I luckily only had two check out two apartments mid afternoon in Astoria. The first one was in a nice, newly remodeled apartment building with gorgeous views and easy access to a grocery store, post office and laundry. Although it had it's perks the second apartment I looked at was definitely a better fit for me. Turns out the place was a great fit for me and Monica, my now future roommate, we bonded quite well. I'm so excited to not be homeless come June. It's 2 blocks from the train, a park, a beer garden and a laundry mat. Here's to my new place! So the official countdowns begin:

Moving: 16 days
My Birthday!!: 22 days
Vacation/Cruise: 28 days

No comments:

Post a Comment