Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Whirlind of a Week

Man it has been a whirlwind of a week. As of a week ago I was:

1. Still in my old apartment
2. Hadn't started packing
3. Playing in the cornhole playoffs
4. Playing our last game of the regular kickball season
5. Nervously cheering on the Rangers for the playoffs
6. Anxiously awaiting the Memorial Day party at the Big Deck House of Fun

After unsuccessfully not continuing in the cornhole playoffs I was excited to meet up with my good friend from college, Steven, who was in town for a few days. Via Facebook (of course) I saw that he was in town and reached out to him to see if he wanted to meet up/catch up. It was so nice to reunite with him and catch up on what seemed like years since I had last seen him. Turns out we hadn't seen each other since we walked at graduation, crazy!

My usual Thursday kickball was coming to an end with our last game of the regular season this past Thursday. Our last game was one that I will definitely not forget. Only having 6 players at game time, I was able to recruit 3 players/previous teammates who were luckily just ending their game on the court opposite our game. With their help we managed to beat the team 9-8 even in the on and off pouring rain! Winning secured our spot in the playoff bracket by remaining 11th out of 20 (14 teams only make it to the playoffs). Playoffs begin this week, let's go Menace 2 Sobriety!

After a week of cornhole, kickball and starting to pack, I was excited to start the holiday weekend off with a bang. Tom hosts a Memorial Day/Summer Kickoff party every year and after the fun I had at the Labor Day party, I was excited for festivities to begin. What a great night it was despite the New Jersey Devils beating the Rangers in over time to clench the Eastern Conference Champions and to be the opponent to the Western Conference Champions the Los Angeles Kings (yay Kings!) in the Stanley Cup finals.

The rest of the weekend was spent cleaning and packing, as I had scheduled to move my belongings on Memorial Day as to have friends to help me and to not be in a time crunch moving on the 31st. My new rooommate was amazing to let me move my stuff temporairly into the living room while the old roommate was packing to move out. Although that meant I would have to sleep on Ann Marie's couch for two days, I wanted to get everything moved with no rush or stress. So my Memorial Day was spent moving with the help of Kevin and Janssen in 85 degree weather, but managed to complete my whole moving in about 2.5 hours.

Here's to a new apartment, unpacking, June, my birthday and the much anticipated cruise with my family. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment