Monday, June 11, 2012

It's My Party

Over the weekend, my friend Christie and I celebrated our 24th birthdays together. On my actual birthday last Wednesday I went to happy hour at Latitude with friends who couldn't make it on Saturday at Central Bar. Free (strong) drinks, good food and laughter was shared by all despite the overcrowded bar due to happy hour. After a good night even though the Kings gave up their first win to the Devils, I was excited for Saturday's festivities. Saturday night was a blast at Central Bar. Met up with Ann Marie and Kevin beforehand so I wouldn't head over to the bar alone. Although the bar was super packed downstairs, luckily our table reservations were upstairs. Even though the Kings/Devils and Heat/Celtics games were on, upstairs started to get packed as we made our way around to the bar and saying hi to everyone who came. Friends from kickball, from the Big Deck House of Fun crew and friends of Christie's all showed up to celebrate with us. Thanks to everyone who came and stayed out to enjoy a joyous occasion.

This birthday was definitely better than last year when I spent the day driving to Schenectady (outside of Albany, NY) and hanging out in the hotel room with room service in the massive thunderstorms that occurred. Dancing the night away at Central Bar was what I needed after what seemed like a very long first full week of June. Staying in on Friday night definitely helped as well. Now that the birthday festivities are over, it's time for my first cruise with the family to the Bahamas!

No comments:

Post a Comment