Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

After what seemed like a never ending stressful week I was ready for the holiday weekend. Friday was finally a slow day at work so I was able to leave early and get ready for the night's festivities. My friend Tiffany from trivia was having her birthday in Herald Square so I went to join her for a bit before heading to Tom's rooftop Labor Day/end of summer party. It was so nice to relax and hang out with friends after the long week. Weather wasn't too warm either which made it for a nice night.

Saturday was spent relaxing at home doing a whole lot of nothing since many friends were gone for the weekend or doing the same thing I was. My kickball teammate Mili was having her birthday in Kips Bay and after finding out some other kickball friends I know were going I decided to get out of the house for a bit. A bit turned into a great night full of friends, laughter, pictures and celebrating a wonderful last year in her 20's. Ended up at bars I had never been to before in Kips Bay and West Village, always a great time in my book checking out new places.

After finding out that I had never been to Coney Island, Tiffany and I made an impromptu trip Sunday. An hour subway ride later, we made it. Grabbing some boardwalk food we wandered our way around the two theme parks, rode the swings and people watched all those there. After we met up with our friend Dwiddy who lives in the area. We sat and chatted for a bit, catching up on the weekend and then made our way to grab some dinner. While outside eating dinner and listening to a local band play we received free tickets to the Brooklyn Cyclones vs Staten Island Yankees minor league game, score! Game was interesting especially being in a minor league stadium but fun none the less. After another long ride home I spent Monday running errands and grabbing dinner with friends. Not too bad of a weekend that I originally thought would be boring since many friends were out of town.

No comments:

Post a Comment