Thursday, December 6, 2012

Favorite 5 (and 6)

Day 5: Not being born and raised here, let alone not visiting New York that many times before moving here, many of my favorite memories are those of being a tourist. After Tom's Labor Day weekend kickoff party I decided that instead of sitting at home all weekend that I wanted to finally visit Coney Island. My friends Tiffany and Dwiddy joined me on my visit after hearing that I had never been and having grown up near the area. Coney Island was just what I had pictured it to be. Old school rides, fair/pier games, music acts playing along the boardwalk and typical boardwalk food. Although a lot smaller than what I thought, we had a blast and even got free entry to the Brooklyn Cyclones vs Staten Island Yankees minor league baseball game. All in all it was a great trip that I will never forget, especially after Hurricane Sandy came through and completely destroyed the area and the historical/iconic items that Coney Island is known for.




Day 6: My first cruise, enough said. After hearing about the many cruises my parents have gone on, we (my immediate family) finally took a cruise together this year. As a birthday/belated graduation from college present, I was excited to experience my first cruise. Between lazy days on the ship taking in the sun to wonderful sit down dinners and exploring the Bahamas, I was exhausted after 5 days. After the roller coaster of a ride the first half of this year it was nice to see my family on a happy occasion and not work or death related. 5 days was just enough of a vacation with my family before going our separate ways across the US. I appreciate the times my family and I spend together since we don't have the opportunity often these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment