Monday, December 3, 2012

Threee

Day 3: Definitely a memory that I'll never forget is running my first official 5k. I would usually run about a 5K while at the gym every since I've started going back in college so I though I should finally run an official one.  The Color Run wasn't a heavily timed race, it was more of a fun run. At every "K" volunteers would throw colored corn starch at you. Thus when you completed the race you would be covered in head to toe color that would be a splatter work of art/color. Held in August in NYC, it was a bit warm but my friends Ann Marie and Kerri and I did our best to run as much of the race as we could. Running it at Aviator Sports complex in Brooklyn was such a change of scenery from being in the city. The complex had luscious green fields and many trees. Luckily though, the race was ran on asphalt and not a dirt path, although that would have made it for an even messier run. Despite the heat and strain on my asthma we completed the 5K in just under 40 minutes. All in all it was such a fun 5K and I definitely plan on running it again next year; maybe even another/different city. This year the run is scheduled for March which will be freezing but who knows maybe that will be better for me while I run. A month later I even ran my 2nd 5K this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment