Tuesday, February 19, 2013

President's Day Weekend

Happy President's Day! With a much needed three day weekend I was excited that the weather was going to be sunnier than it has been. Friday I took the chance to have a night in to relax and recuperate from what felt like a long dragged out week.

Saturday I finally was able to run errands that have been on my list for the past week+. I also finally checked out Joe Fresh a clothing company/store that is popular here. I scored a pair of blue skinny pants for $9 and was thrilled! After some much needed apartment cleaning when I got back, I headed out to meet Tiffany and Dwiddy. The three of us were headed to Pieces bar in the West Village to celebrate our kickball friend, Amy's birthday. It was a cute little bar with karaoke galore. Although I don't sing karaoke I still had a blast singing along and cheering on those who do. On the way home we went to Grey's Papaya (my first time) and had hot dogs. It was actually better than I expected it to be.

Sunday Tom, Janssen and I had planned on going bowling but the two bowling alleys we tried to go bowling at were both jam packed with minimum hour waits. So we gave up and decided to grab lunch before heading to Tom's to watch a movie and the Ranger game. We ended up at Shorty's, a Philly cheesesteak place in Midtown West/Hell's Kitchen. Stuffed and ready to relax, we made it back with enough time to watch Men and Black III before the Rangers played the Capitals. Although bowling plans fell through, it was a nice relaxing Sunday with friends.

On President's Day Tiffany, Courtney and I headed down to Chelsea Market to check it out and have lunch. None of us having been there, we walked through the indoor shopping area checking out the bakeries, markets and many delicious restaurants to choose from. We ended up having lunch at Giovanni Rana, this cute rustic looking pasta restaurant. Definitely delicious and well worth it. Before heading out Courtney picked up some wine and we all shared three different types of brownies that were to die for.

It was a great three day weekend and I can't wait for my mom to be in town in two weeks. Here's to a new week.

No comments:

Post a Comment