Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Catching Up on Life's Adventures

I haven't blogged about my life's adventures in the past few weeks, well because I've been busy having adventures! First off, Happy Memorial Day and many thanks to those serving to protect our country and give us the freedom we have.


After coming back from a whirlwind weekend in Sacramento and San Francisco, I was flooded with work, kickball craziness, brunches and birthdays. Mother's Day weekend I enjoyed the first weekend back in New York I had. Spent Saturday at brunch at Pop Over Cafe and running errands/shopping. Sunday morning, I ran my race for May the Japan Day 4M Race in Central Park with Elina, Sandy and Christina. Despite not feeling 100% I only was 6 seconds behind from my first 4M race in Central Park. I was thrilled to be honest, especially without having as much time to run to prep for this race.


Another spur of the moment (< 2 weeks planned) trip was to Harrisburg, PA to visit my friend Allie Schuh. Funny story, Allie and I met in our freshman year English class at SFSU although come to find out we are from the same home town (woo Chino!). She didn't go to either Chino high school as her mother worked at a neighboring city high school. Harrisburg was a nice relaxing get away from the crazy city life with a local art show, visiting Lancaster and enjoying some down time catching up with Allie. I was thrilled to go back to the city as I have gotten used to being busy, as many of my friends know, I'm not a homebody/small town type of girl.

Allie & I in Harrisburg
Post-Harrisburg weekend, I helped in an audit at work all week which was a nice change to sitting in a cubicle all day. The week flew by in the blink of an eye and it was Memorial Day weekend and the last weekend of May. Tom had his annual rooftop Memorial Day party which was a blast catching up with friends I haven't seen in months, some almost a year (good to see you Ben!). The rest of the weekend was filled with brunches, shopping (frustratingly I might add) for a wedding dress for my friends Michelle and Josh's wedding this weekend in Ithaca and spending time in the beautiful outdoors at Central Park and Astoria Park.

Celebrating America and Memorial Day with Ann Marie & Ben
The weekend was so much fun and I can't believe it is already Tuesday again although it certainly still feels like a Monday. I'm ready to take a little road trip to Ithaca to see two of my favorite people get married and also celebrate my birthday next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment