Monday, June 9, 2014

Where did May go? Why hello June!

I can't believe it is already June! Clearly time has slipping away, proof in fact that I started this post 4 days ago and now just finishing it.. But anyways on to better topics, SUMMER!

May seem to fly by between school, work, friends and adventures around New York. My friend Nicki and I told me about the Holi Hai festival held every year in New York a bit after the actual festival in India. It was such a nice day that we were able to take advantage to the full extent of celebrating by listening to music and watching the awesome cultural dance troop.

Happy Holi Hai
I was fortunate enough to celebrate Rebekah's birthday on Cinco de Mayo at Salvation Taco's roof top along with friends. That same week I was thrilled to meet up with Cip, a good friend from college who was in town with his boyfriend visiting for the weekend. It had been 5+ years but catching up felt like time had stood still. So good to see you Cip!

Catching up with Cip
Mid-May flew by and I was thrilled to make it to the beach Memorial Day weekend, it was a much needed day at Brighton Beach. I was looking forward to the last weekend of May the most as it included a day spent driving around in Central New Jersey (mall stop included) and a mini-brunch reunion of sorts with all my friends I met in trivia. We all hadn't been in the same room since Super Bowl, some of us even longer. It was a fun filled sunny day catching up, laughing and just relaxing. Thanks to everyone who made it, we need to do it again soon! 

Just two of the friends at brunch
And now it's June...

No comments:

Post a Comment