Friday, July 18, 2014

Summer is Here... And Flying By.

I feel like this summer has already come and gone even though it is only mid-July. Things have gotten so busy with work, traveling to Portland to see Mandy, birthdays and all the things summer has brought me.

Last time I wrote was right before my birthday! I feel that being 26 is the same as being 25 but you never know what this year will throw at me. I had a wonderful time celebrating with all my friends from all the different facets of my life, thanks to all of you for making me feel happy and blessed on my birthday. Check out a few shots below with my roommate, friends from Zog and NYCSSC.


After my biology final was over, I was thrilled to be spending the weekend in Portland, Oregon with my best friend Mandy. We spent the first day checking out McMenamins Edgefield (a cute historical landmark and surrounding bars, winery, etc.), Multnomah Falls and ending the afternoon at Full Sail Brewing Company in Hood River. It was such a blast to relax, see the gorgeous waterfall, and take a tour of the brewery. Saturday we went local and shopped, ate, got our nails done and met up with her dad and step mom for dinner before heading to downtown Portland for a night out. Downtown Portland was tiny but quite happening. I had a fun making new friends and celebrating the brony's. Such a fun weekend even with the horrible plane delay home. Happy belated birthday to me!

With Mandy on the way to Portland (L); beautiful Hood River (R)
Since coming back from Oregon things have been super busy between work and catching up on my social life. My favorite thing coming up for the end of June was the Zac Brown Band concert. It was at Forest Hills Stadium which is an old tennis stadium that has been recently transformed to hold outdoor events. Kevin, Rebekah, Val and Val's brother joined in on what was the best concert I have been to ever. ZBB had no openers and completely made the show by themselves. Who wouldn't like cold beer, country music and a sunny afternoon to take in the first day of summer?
Kevin, Val's brother Matt, Val, Rebekah and I during the concert.

Fourth of July weekend was spent celebrating America at Elina's apartment complex playing games, drinking beer and enjoying what turned out to be a rain free night. It was such a blast to catch up with everyone and see part of the fireworks.

All of us celebrating at Elina's
The rest of the weekend was celebrating Beth's birthday at the Brooklyn Cyclones game and adventuring to the end of Long Island for the first time... yes the very end of Long Island. Janssen, Kara and Tiffany joined in on the trip with me and we had a blast, including a side trip to Target on the way home of course. Check out photos below!

Celebrating Beth's birthday at the Brooklyn Cyclones game
Me at Montauk Point Lighthouse, the end of Long Island's south fork
It's already half way through July and I can't tell you whats coming up next besides work so keep an eye out for an update!

No comments:

Post a Comment