Thursday, August 23, 2012

Throwback Thursday

About two years ago today I officially graduated college, CRAZY! I can't believe how fast time flies when you don't realize it. Looking back, where I wanted to be two years out of college and where I am actually at now is completely different. Where I thought I'd be two years out of college: most likely still living in California, ideally not near home (I was thinking back in the Bay Area or in the San Diego area), and working in  a marketing/business position that I could possibly grow to love. Where I am now: living in my new favorite city (New York if you didn't know) obviously not anywhere near California, working for a company I enjoy being a part of and in a department/area that I didn't expect to pursue a career in. I dreading going home after graduating but if I didn't I wouldn't be where I am today. I could have stayed in San Francisco, continued to work at Nordstrom and find a job at some point. Moving back gave me the opportunity to temp at NBC which led to my current position here.

Two years later, I have learned a lot, grew tremendously, made some amazing new friends, established a great life in New York and made strong connections with my boss, colleagues and all those I interact with on a daily basis at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment