Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Blissful Birthdays

Day 17: With my birthday being within the first month of moving here in 2011, I didn't have a stable group of friends to celebrate my birthday. I ended up leaving on my birthday to a training in upstate NY in Schenectady (outside of Albany). Although leaving on my birthday, my boss and colleagues were kind enough to order me a birthday cake to celebrate before leaving for the next few days. After a goregous drive upstate through green hills, I spent the next few days in a training. This year was definitely memorable and a blast. On the day of some friends and I went to happy hour after work to kick off my birthday celebration weekend, even though my birthday was on a Wednesday. My friend Christie is two days younger than me so we planned a birthday celebration together at Central Bar. A group of amazing friends, dancing and laughter was all I needed to make up for the first birthday I had in New York. Here's to the next birthday that will probably be celebrate in Ithaca the weekend of Josh and Michelle's wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment