Monday, December 17, 2012

Sickly Weekend = Catching Up

Since I was sick all weekend, here is me catching up:

Day 14: This year was definitely an emotional one. I was lucky enough to see my dog Sadie the week before she was put down. Sadie had been fighting a tumor in her bladder and eventually my parents thought it was best to put her out of her misery and pain. I remember the day I ran across the street to Walnut Park from my junior high and saw my mom with Sadie and Lucy in the car. I was thrilled for my new puppy. RIP Sadie - April 28, 2012. You were my lovable, wonderful furball of joy who loved to run and eat with delight. I will always miss you.

Day 15: 4 months after Sadie was laid to rest peacefully, Lucy my sister's dog in Chino was laid to rest as well. Lucy, a lot older and wiser, was a great joy in my life as well. After trying to solve her troubles with arthritis and hearing with medication, my parents eventually saw that she wasn't doing much better and eating as well. I can still remember the day we got her from the Avila's in front of my elementary school and brought her home. RIP Lucy - August 18, 2012.

Day 16: Libation has been a crazy, wonderful, fun-filled place of memories this past year. Starting off as our temporary place for trivia on Tuesdays, Libation then transitioned over to the post-bar for kickball. Between dance parties to meeting TONS of fellow kickballers and now friends, anytime the Lower East Side is mentioned my mind automatically thinks of Libation. Even though sometimes I may get sick of the place and not want to go, I know going to Libation will always be a good time no matter who I am with. Here's to the many more times I will be there and additional memories to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment