Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Catching Up Again I Know...

Day 22: Phi Sigma Sigma is always a memory I think about. With not keeping in touch with many people from high school, every time I come back to Southern California I make a point to see Phi Sigs that live in the area. This time I was fortunate as always to see Mandy and Brittany who have been living here for the past few years. This year I am also fortunate to my little sister Samy as well as Allie. I can't wait for a Phi Sig mini reunion at downtown Disney. I can't believe it's been over two years since I left San Francisco and the amazing women I call friends. Also, I was able to meet up with my big brother Alex from Alpha Epsilon Pi and his wife Lori who I met through Greek organizations. It has been awesome. Pictures to come!

Day 23: Christmas Eve is always a wonderful memory that varies per year. Every Christmas Eve we gather at my aunt's house (mom's side) with family, boyfriend and friends who may not have their own Christmas to celebrate. After pictures, stories and a wonderful dinner, we gather around the tree to sing a Hungarian Christmas song and then have our white elephant game. Years past have included, singing the 12 Days of Christmas with wine glasses, stories about the family, tons of pictures, singing and tons of memories to come.

Day 24: Merry Christmas! On Christmas Day we celebrate with my dad's side of the family either here in Chino or out in Pasadena at my grandparents house. Christmas is always a wonderful time to see my family after the crazy year that has been 2012. Memories included opening presents, the English tradition of Christmas crackers with colored paper hats/free toys/jokes and plenty of delicious food.

Day 25: After having to put down both of my dogs in Chino this year, I have definitely looked towards others who have dogs to fill my having a dog desire. Ann Marie has to Pomeranian's, Kabuki and Jeter, who are adorably furry, loud and energetic. Although not my favorite type of dog they can be the most playful and fun loving creatures. Diego, Tom's Cocker Spaniel who he adopted from the pound, is so well mannered, quiet and just a joy to be around. He always puts a smile on my face, even when he stole the last half of my muffin. I can't wait to see them all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment