Monday, December 10, 2012

Catching Up

Day 7: My best friend Raquel and her (now) husband Jose got married this past August. It's crazy that my best friend is already married but I am so grateful I was able to be there to share in their special day. Raquel is one of few people who I still regularly see since high school. We've managed to visit each other whenever I was home in California or her coming to see me while I was living in San Francisco. I really hope she comes to visit me in New York one day soon so I can show her what an amazing city it is. When I was home last I was able to see her new apartment (finally not living at home) and catch up on life now that she is married, finishing college and looking forward to the next steps in her life. Congrats again! I can't wait to see you both when I am home for Christmas in 10 days.

Day 8: Another wedding that has topped my list of favorite this past year was my cousin Marika's wedding to Jeff about a month ago in Austin. After having met while we all lived in the Bay Area, I was thrilled to finally see them get married. Jeff is such an awesome guy and I'm glad to now call him family. The wedding was gorgeous and I am glad I was able to make it on time for all the festivities despite Hurricane Sandy coming through a few days before. Austin was warm and filled with family and friends, some who I hadn't seen in years. I can't wait to go back and visit again. Have an amazing honeymoon in Thailand Marika and Jeff, I will see you when you're both back and settled in after the New Year.

Day 9: Once I moved to New York City, I realized how close states are around here. Living in California it takes at least 4-5 hours to get to another bordering state depending on which one you are going to. Living in NYC, there are so many states accessible to me within 1-4 hours. Not having been to many states on the East Coast/Tri-State area, going to new cities/states has been on my list of things to do. Since moving here I have added Connecticut, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and South Carolina to my list of states. My friends Kevin, Ilana, Janssen and I randomly took a 48 hour trip to Philadelphia this past February. Kevin's cousin was kind enough to let us crash in a condo that he uses/rents out. I was excited as I had never been to Philadelphia so I was thrilled to be able to check out the Liberty Bell, Constituational Hall and all the other various historical sites. Such an awesome city, glad I was able to check it out. Next up, maybe Massachusettes or Rhode Island?

No comments:

Post a Comment