Thursday, December 13, 2012

Memory Lane and Then Some..

Day 11: My trip to Florida was definitely a highlight of this year. I was going to Orlando for a work trip with 3 other colleagues and was excited to be back to Florida since I hadn't been there since my family vacation in 2001. Although it was a work trip, I was excited when we got to walk around Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. We worked, ate delicious food and had gorgeous weather overall. We even managed to squeeze in a spring training baseball game in the trip since the Braves training camp was near Orlando. Well worth the trip and had great company to cheer me up before going to Hungary for my grandmother's funeral immediately after, RIP Nagymama.

Day 12: Today was 12/12/12 so instead of one memory for this day I thought I would write a list of 12 things that I love about living in New York:
1. Public transportation - I will admit I like the freedom of driving but I don't miss traffic.
2. Being in a big city - Although Chino is where I grew up, I am definitely a big city girl (well at least while I'm still young).
3. Street food - it's good here.
4. Four seasons - the weather not the hotel.
5. Pizza - I will admit New York pizza is the best.
6. Cabs - I never truly appreciated cabs until I moved to New York.
7. Dunkin Donuts - I've become a fan of their coffee.
8. Working in midtown and truly appreciating all my surroundings.
9. The ability to visit more than one state within two hours outside of New York City
10. Bars that are open really late and every day of the year. 
11. My colleagues - such a wonderful and well educated group of people
12. My neighborhood - I've grown to love Astoria

No comments:

Post a Comment