Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Awesome April

Can't believe it's already April but loving the gorgeous weather that comes with Spring. March ended on a high note with running my 3rd 5K of the year on Roosevelt Island. The Spring Fling 5K was a gorgeous day in the low 50's. Running this 5K alone for the first time was definitely a mental challenge as I had no one to be a running buddy with. Despite that fact, I did a 36.17 5K which is about average for me so far. Also in between the craziness there was a kickball pick-up game that was a blast as a sneek preview of the season to come which starts April 18th. Easter Sunday I went to brunch with Tiffany and Checkey at a delicious restaurant in midtown east. After I spent the rest of the day lounging around and helping Ann Marie out post surgery. Definitely was a great way to end March catching up with friends.

April has been a whirlwind so far between work training, three Mets games during opening week (yes three, but two of them were free) and the kickball kickoff party. I am so ready for kickball to begin again next week as it's been a long 6 months off but makes it for an awesome start to spring. I get to play on my team from last summer who were the most fun and yet competitive group of people I have met; this is also the first time I have played on the same team more than once after starting 6 seasons ago.

I can't wait for the rest of April; wings nights, kickball games, my April Pancreatic 5K with Michelle, Phi Sigs in town who I haven't seen in ages, going to DC to cheer my sister and her friends on at the Nike Women's Half Marathon and so much more. Keep you update on my adventures as much as a I can!

1 comment:

  1. WOOOOOOOOOO DC! I'm so excited you're coming along for an awesome 48-hour adventure! New city (to you), new ballpark (yay, we're nerds) and sister time. Love you, can't wait! <3

    ReplyDelete